Thursday, April 1, 2010

Short Stories from the Multiverse

I chose to read the story about a giant washing up on shore. It seemed interesting when I read the title and got into the first few paragraphs. Especially imagining what it would be like is a dead giant really washed up on the beach. I liked the imagery of the people climbing all over it because honestly that's probably what people would really do. Children would be hanging off the ears and walking across the eyes and people would be walking up and down the arms inspectiing it. As I continued to read I started getting a little bored. Most of the story is just a constant description of how dead the giant looked day by day. I was waiting for some major conflict to happen. For another giant to show up or for people to do something really nuts with it. I liked how at the end people basically took the different parts of it and placed them in museums or freak shows, so when I finished it I did feel satisfied. But honestly I skimmed through the middle of the story much faster, I was getting bored with how many times the author described how the eyes were misted over with white liquid and the way the face looked everyday he came back to look at it. It was an easy read and the beginning and end were good but for the most part it dragged a bit in the beginning, I wish more went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment