Thursday, April 1, 2010

CyberPunk

When I ready the story in class, Johnny Mnemonic , I was really confused about what was going on. Everything was moving so fast and the world that was unfolding wasn't really being explained to me so it was easily getting lost. The wording seemed a little off too. I don't know why it was simple vocabulary but how it was laid out was confusing to me. Maybe I was just tired that morning? Anyways I was a little confused, so I looked up a summary of what was going on and then went back to read it now knowing what to expect. That time it made much more sense and was a pretty enjoyable adventure. I'm not sure about the movie we watched in class ( mostly due to the main actor ). I also don't think it really portrayed what I had in mind when reading it. I imagined things a little more updated. Still dark and dirty but just more technological, considering his brain is basically a computer I figure they have better technology then a fax machine. But that's just the movie.
Back to the story, I liked the heroine. As we talked about in class the women are much tougher in this Cyberpunk world. I never really knew much about Cyberpunk I actually thought it was the same thing as SteamPunk but I found out from my group that I was very far off. It's more about techonology and robots. I really am a big fan of BladeRunner too I'm glad we talked about that in class because that's just such a classic. I didn't realize it was part of this genre. I'm not sure I'll be dabbling in stories like this too much more. Their a little dark for me, I enjoy the action portion of it though. I suppose I only like dark stories when their horror. We'll see though. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment